Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top lent in the Healthcare community
As the clinical subject matter expert for the local market, the Medical Director will ensure safe and effective delivery care across the entire disease spectrum from CKD to ESRD patients, with the goal of optimizing outcomes and the patient experience. The medical director will also work along with the local market general manager lead to engage our provider partner network and with the clinical operations lead to optimize Strive’s practice management capabilities. The market director will also offer clinical guidance to the entire clinical market team.
- Is the clinical expert to advise the team of physicians, nurse practitioners, case managers, social workers, and pharmacists in the management CKD and ESRD patients.
- Lead Strive’s interdisciplinary high-risk patient management program supported by Strive’s population health management tool
- Support Strive’s clinical staff for consults on challenging cases across all settings and provide ongoing kidney education for staff.
- Collaborates well with all levels of a clinical team (from Medical Assistants to the CMO and CKHO), and, when appropriate, is able to align and influence the care needs of a patient.
- Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in renal care treatment, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and support of employees. Will participate in performance reviews and supports performance improvement efforts.
- Serves as liaison between Strive’s administration, medical staff leadership, clinical staff, hospital departments and network providers.
- Assess market needs regarding kidney care
- Works with dyad GM partner as a liaison between Strive and network provider partners. Establish and manage relationships with and engage in contracting negotiations with our various kidney care service providers including nephrologists, dialysis units, and transplant and vascular centers.
- Helps drive clinical market performance to meet market goals and objectives.
- Performs data analysis for management of the renal population
- Collaborates with administration, quality department and medical staff leadership to effect performance improvement within the organization.
- Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of clinical initiatives, overall policy and long-terms goals of the organization
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Graduate of accredited medical school, residency and fellowship programs
- Current active licensure in any state within the US required
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license required or eligible to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Current BLS certificate
- Board Certified Nephrologist or Internal Medicine provider
- Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision-making.
- Understanding of Value Based Care and supportive of the Nurse Practitioner role.
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, to excel in smaller entrepreneurial organizations.
- Excels at developing strong patient/family relationships that fosters engagement and best outcomes
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
COVID Policy: As a healthcare organization, the safety of our Strivers, partners, patients, and communities is critical to our work and aligned to our first core value, Care For Others First. All new Strivers must be fully vaccinated for COVID–19 or will be required to request and obtain an approved medical or religious exemption prior to joining Strive, and otherwise comply with COVID-19 policies.
. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications