Stride is growing fast! We are an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (mainly developers and product managers) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, and Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% self-funded and is profitable, meaning we don’t answer to investors.
About the role
As the VP of Client Engagement you will work to grow, nurture, and expand our current client relationships, while also building out the Account Management practice at Stride.
This is the first hire of it's kind at Stride! That means you will work alongside Stride’s CEO, President, and Director of Business Development to build out strategies and best practices.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Improving Account Management at Stride by ideating and implementing practices that continuously make us better as a team
- Maintaining 100% Client and Consultant Satisfaction
- Owning Client satisfaction for key accounts
- Being a trusted resource and advisor for Stride Clients. Continuously working to ensure they are happy with our service, being there to listen to their needs and suggesting ideas that are valuable to their business
- You are an advocate for our developer consultants, to both the client and internally at Stride
- Growing Key Client Relationships
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with C-level executives, decision-makers and key project stakeholders inside key accounts
- Selling Stride Services into Existing Clients
- Pitching decision-makers of existing clients on new projects Stride can implement on their teams to achieve their goals, and then writing proposals and winning deals
- Brainstorming and proposing creative ways in which Stride can increase our footprint inside existing accounts
We are looking for you if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience selling technical consulting services to companies both large and small
- Have a goal oriented mindset and a track record of meeting and exceeding goals of closing business inside existing accounts
- Have experience forming and maintaining strong relationships with decision-makers and acting as a trusted advisor
- Have a proven ability to understand the views of clients and internal teams, and know how to express perspectives, concerns and requirements to the other side
- Are highly adept at handling difficult conversations and take a collaborative, high integrity approach to sales
- Pride yourself on your listening skills and have high emotional intelligence
- Plan efficiently, focus on key priorities and don’t let things fall through the cracks
- Are able to convince others to pursue a course of action
- Possess knowledge of Agile and can advocate for engineering best practices
- Are someone that others want to confide in and talk to
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, can craft winning proposals, write persuasive emails, and have engaging in-person discussions