Stride is an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (mainly developers and product managers) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, and Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% bootstrapped and is profitable, meaning we don’t answer to investors.
About the role
As an Account Executive, you will form and maintain ongoing, meaningful relationships with C-Suite execs, decision-makers and key stakeholders at our key clients. You will maintain and grow a multi-million dollar book of business. You will upsell inside our existing engagements. You will extend and grow our footprint at our clients. You’ll understand our clients’ needs and work with both client and Stride teams to propose solutions and win business. You will know our clients personally, spend time with them, and become their trusted advisor.
Stride is growing fast. You will help us achieve our goals by rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done, and also by taking a step back and continuously improving how we serve our clients. You will work alongside and collaborate with Stride’s CEO, President and Director of Business Development. Given this role is about customer satisfaction through relationship building, we expect that you will be out and about in the NYC tech community spending time with clients, Striders and others regularly, and that you enjoy getting to know new people and thrive on spending time with others.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Maintaining 100% Client and Consultant Satisfaction
- Owning customer satisfaction for key accounts
- Being a trusted resource and advisor for Stride clients. Continuously working to ensure they are happy with our service, being there to listen to their needs and suggesting ideas that are valuable to their business.
- You are an advocate for our developer consultants, to both the client and internally at Stride.
- Growing Key Client Relationships
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with C-level execs, decision-makers and key project stakeholders inside key accounts
- Selling Stride Services into Existing Clients
- Pitching decision-makers of existing clients on new projects Stride can implement on their teams to achieve their goals, and then writing proposals and winning deals.
- Brainstorming and proposing creative and value-add ways in which Stride can increase our footprint inside existing accounts
- Improving account management at Stride by ideating and implementing practices that continuously make us better as a team.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have 5-10 years of experience selling technical consulting services to companies both large and small
- Have a goal oriented mindset and a track record of meeting and exceeding goals of closing business inside existing accounts
- Have experience forming and maintaining strong relationships with C-suite execs and decision-makers and acting as a trusted advisor.
- Have a proven ability to understand the views of clients and internal teams, and know how to express perspectives, concerns and requirements to the other side.
- Are highly adept at handling difficult conversations and take a collaborative, high integrity approach to sales.
- Pride yourself on your listening skills and have high emotional intelligence.
- Plan efficiently, focus on key priorities and don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- Are able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Possess knowledge of Agile and can advocate for engineering best practices
- Are someone that others want to confide in and talk to.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, can craft winning proposals, write persuasive emails, and have engaging in-person discussions.