In just over 3 years since being founded, Stride has become one of the most sought after software development consultancies in New York City. Part of our success is our unrelenting commitment to technical excellence. Another large component to our success is that by hiring the best talent, we get a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures that leads to better outcomes for our clients. As a values driven company, we look for individuals who value honesty, humility, respect, learning from failure, and willingness to help others.
How Stride Works
The Product Consultant Role
A Stride Product Consultant’s primary job is to help unite teams around a shared vision, work more efficiently, and ship software that delights users and delivers business value as quickly as possible in an iterative manner. Stride product consultants emphasize a user-centered approach in the vein of Lean UX, Human Centered Design, and Design Thinking. They also have a focus on delivery and the know-how to plan projects for the highest likelihood of success. Stride Product Consultants are expected to work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Designers, Domain Experts and Product Stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Help to define user stories, participate in iteration planning, lead/participate in sprint retrospectives, track team velocity, and lead release planning meetings.
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- A/B test, UI/UX wireframe, and define product roll-out strategy
What we expect from you
- You have 4+ years experience working as a Product Manager, Software Engineer, Designer, or Startup Founder and you can show examples of work that you’ve shipped
- You have the technical skillset to talk shop and work closely with Stride Consultant Developers
- You have an emotional IQ that is off the charts which translates into deep understanding and empathy for users
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- You know how to determine if a meeting is necessary and how to run it efficiently with defined goals
- You have the ability to quickly build rapport and gain the respect and cooperation of both technology and business leaders while being incessantly customer-focused
- You’re able to deal with ambiguity
- You’re action-oriented and driven to achieve results in a positive manner, displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust at all times
- You’re a hands-on “player-coach” who inspires and motivates high levels of performance in others
- You have a wonderful ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you can expect from us
- Awesome culture - We have a 5 star rating on Glassdoor and are one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC. A majority of our developers don’t have CS degrees but have been teachers!
- No travel outside NYC
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (including Profit Sharing!)
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace
- Up to two weeks of self-directed professional development and a budget of $2000