Stride aspires to reflect the diversity of the teams and clients we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to better outcomes for our clients. As a values driven company, we look for individuals who value honesty, humility, respect, learning from failure, and helping others. We’re looking for full stack developers comfortable with JS and Ruby on Rails who enjoy mentoring and have an eye for process.
Stride developers, also known as Striders, embed with tech teams exclusively in New York City (you read that right, no travel) to help them be their best while writing code alongside them. Our goal is to leave our client-teams functioning at a higher level than when we found them. Most of our work is with Agile teams who write code in modern tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Python, Scala, Java8, Elixir and more.
We’re bootstrapped and profitable so we don’t have a board of directors to answer to or investors who need to make a return. This means we are in control of our growth and can do so at a pace that sustains our culture and prioritizes the happiness of our consultants.
What you’ll be doing
- You will embed with tech teams in some of Manhattan’s most exciting startup and mid-market companies to help them up their game while getting stuff done.
- You’ll be an advocate for non-dogmatic Agile software development
- You’ll mentor teams on the value of software development best practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Collective Code Ownership, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Improvement
- You will be the reason your client teams are higher performing on your last day with them than they were on your first day.
What we expect from you
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience
- We’re open to less for candidates with a previous career
- You’re excited and able to learn new things
- Affinity and experience with modern software development practices (Agile, XP, etc)
- Desire to teach others and spread your love of building software
What you can expect from us
- Awesome culture - We have a 5 star rating on Glassdoor and are one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC
- No travel
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (including Profit Sharing!)
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace
- Stride will invest $2,000 and two weeks of your time in self-directed professional development
If this excites you, please apply below!