Stride is growing fast! We are an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (mainly developers and product managers) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, and Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% self-funded and is profitable, meaning we don’t answer to investors.
About the role
As a Freelance Product Manager you will be responsible for delivering the right 1-2 products to one of Stride’s NYC-based customers. You will work alongside client product owners and stakeholders to understand the what and why of their current initiatives, and collaborate with a Product or UX Designer and a development team to help bring that vision to life. You will be a true collaborator, crafting efficient and crisp product requirements and serving as a resource to other team members in order to ensure everyone understands the context and purpose of your product(s) through Agile ceremonies. You will report to Stride’s Product Lead, and will work directly with a Stride development team and Product or UX Designer.
- 5+ years working in technology or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager
- The ability to work onsite in NYC 5 days a week
- A collaborative mindset
- Day to day experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with requirements gathering, roadmapping, and user interviewing
Nice to have
- Experience facilitating workshops such as: XP inception, Google design sprints, etc.
- A successful track record in Product
- Interest in building a business, including building business plans and growth models
- Experience at consulting company or similar
- Experience working in product pods