We are an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (mainly developers and product managers) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, and Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% self-funded and is profitable, meaning we don’t answer to investors.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will embed with tech teams in some of Manhattan’s most exciting startup and mid-market companies to help them up their game while getting stuff done.
- You’ll be an advocate for non-dogmatic Agile software development
- You’ll mentor teams on the value of software development best practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Collective Code Ownership, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Improvement
- You will be the reason your client teams are higher performing on your last day with them than they were on your first day.
You're a fit for Stride if you have:
- 5 years of software development experience in a professional environment.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and able to quickly gain proficiency in unfamiliar languages. We do most of our work in Ruby, Python, Vue.js, React.js, Angular.js, and Java.
- Can guide team strategy
- Can see projects through, from inception to deployment
- Experience teaching TDD, story estimation, test writing, and effective pair programming
What you can expect from us:
- Awesome Culture - We have a 4.8 star rating on Glassdoor and have been one of Crain’s best places to work 3 years in a row!
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace