Stride is growing fast! We are an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (mainly developers and product managers) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, and Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% self-funded and is profitable, meaning we don’t answer to investors.
About the role
As a Client Principal you will own a book of business with our existing clients. You will work to grow, nurture, and expand our current client relationships, while also helping to build out the Account Management practice at Stride. You will report to Stride’s President and join Stride’s Revenue team.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Consultative selling
- You will own a set of accounts and will be responsible for a book of business with a revenue target
- Expanding Stride’s presence in all of your accounts
- Working with Stride delivery teams to provide the highest value solutions to your client
- Earning trusted advisor status with each of your clients
- Forming productive relationships with the developer consultants at Stride
- Helping Stride grow its account management practice
- You have 5+ years of experience selling technical consulting services to companies both large and small
- You have a track record of meeting and exceeding goals of closing business inside existing accounts
- You have experience maintaining strong relationships with decision-makers and acting as a trusted advisor
- You have a proven ability to understand the views of clients and internal teams
- You are highly adept at handling difficult conversations
- You take a collaborative and high integrity approach to growing accounts
- You pride yourself on your listening skills and have high emotional intelligence
- You plan efficiently, focus on key priorities and don’t let things fall through the cracks
- You possess knowledge of Agile and can advocate for engineering best practices
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, can craft winning proposals, write persuasive emails, and have engaging in-person discussions