Join our Family
Stride Consulting is a mission-driven, engineering-centric company. We seek developers who place a high value on continuous learning, and value diversity. If you consider yourself a non-dogmatic engineer, have a thirst for learning, and an eye for process, you’re in great company.
As a Lead Developer at Stride, you will lead our consulting engagements and collaborate with clients and Striders to ship valuable, mission-critical software. You will advise the client on technology, communicating trade-offs and choosing the right stack for the problem. You will coach teammates, guide teams, and advise client stakeholders on strengthening their development process and code quality. You will architect solutions, ship code, and help bring the team to clear standards, appropriate patterns, and best practices in code and in processes. And you will mentor other Striders, teaching and guiding them on how to do your job with the same compassion, consistency, and professionalism.
Your Day to Day
- Communicates trade-offs and works with Striders and client teams to predictably ship value.
- Continuously improves their own practices and elevates the skills of other Striders and client teams through teamwork and candid feedback.
- Builds things that last, with low defect rates, downtime, and maintenance.
- Makes clients happy -- not by always doing what the client wants but by doing what is right for their goals and long-term success.
- Strives for clarity and simplicity in solutions to make real impacts even in ambiguous situations.
What You Bring to the Team
- 7 + years of experience as a professional developer
- 4 + years of experience in one or more of Java, Node, Python, and/or Ruby
- 2 + years of experience with AWS, GCP or similar cloud environments
- 1 + years of experience leading teams, pods, or squads of developers
- Experience implementing agile and XP best practices
- Passion for solving complex problems with the simplest solutions
- Experience working with internal and/or client stakeholders
- Experience communicating and making trade-offs
- Experience working with business-facing teammates to negotiate trade-offs, scope and timeline
Stride is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.