Streamlit is the fastest way to build and share data applications. We’re a collaborative team of technologists who share a common goal to give the data community superpowers that let them project their creativity, intelligence, insights, and influence out into the world. We're well funded with great investors, and we're building the future of data and looking for engineers to join our family-friendly and remote-first startup. The team is comprised of folks from a variety of backgrounds with experience at Google, Heroku, Facebook, Twitter, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford. And some of us didn't go to school or work anywhere fancy. We don’t care where you went to school or where you worked before, just that you're excited to help make an amazing experience for building data apps.
The Cloud Engineering Team is building Streamlit Sharing, a way for folks to deploy and share their Streamlit apps with the world. We've built our sharing service on GCP, Kubernetes, Go, and PostgreSQL, We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is an effective empathetic communicator to help build the future of Streamlit Sharing by improving, building, deploying, and managing apps on our platform.
We're a values-driven company and you can find them here on our public Notion page!
What you'll do:
- Bring clarity to team processes, decision-making, agreements
- Coach team members on positive human interactions and skill development
- Provide career growth & performance feedback
- Diagnose & improve team collaboration, culture
- Work with the team to set priorities, mission, and vision
- Work with senior management to ensure the team priorities align with broader company direction
- Partner with product & tech leadership to evaluate future work
- Backstop for stuck technical decisions
- Support short and long-term project management (e.g. estimation, timelines, unblocking critical work)
- Final priority decision-maker (e.g. determine most-important story for a given sprint between two stories)
It's important to us that you have:
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience building complex web applications with Go
- SQL & database design chops
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and infrastructure automation
- Front-end skills - familiarity with basic HTML, CSS, JS
What We Offer
Stock Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Unlimited PTO, Benepass, Commuter Benefits, Work from Home Stipend, Parental Leave.