Streamlit is an app framework and collaboration hub for building and sharing data-oriented applications.
We’re a collaborative team of technologists who share a common goal to give the data community superpowers that let them project their creativity, intelligence, insights, and influence out into the world. We're funded by Sequoia, GGV, and Gradient, and we're building the future of data and looking for engineers to join our family-friendly and remote-first startup. The team is comprised of folks from a variety of backgrounds with experience at Google, Heroku, Facebook, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford. And some of us didn't go to school or work anywhere fancy. We don’t really care where you went to school or where you worked before, just that you're excited to help make an amazing experience for building data apps.
We're a values-driven company, who aspire to live our values every single day.
About the position
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer at Streamlit.
As the first hire in Design, and a lead designer to boot, you will work hands-on on a wide variety of projects while helping grow and manage a design team around you. Help build our Design team and establish it as one of the core parts of the company!
What you'll do
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the product and engineering teams
- Produce user flows, wireframes and high fidelity mockups
- Work on a wide range of deliverables, including product designs, website mockups, marketing and promotional material, swag, and more
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Contribute to our continuously-evolving our brand, voice, and design system
- Participate in user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies
- Translate research insights into product ideas and solutions
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into elegant design decisions
- Help establish our design processes
- Build a team of successful and fulfilled UX designers!
It's important to us that you have...
- 5+ years of experience in Product design, UI/UX design, or related fields
- 3+ years managing and growing a design team
- A solid portfolio including examples of relevant work
- Experience creating process flows, user flows, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity mockups for early stage ideas and complex applications.
- Previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards
- Ability to explain your work, process, and decisions to engineers and cross-functional stakeholders, and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of minimalism, flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Knowledge of frontend development, including JS, CSS, React, so you can touch-up a few things directly at the source
- Experience building and evolving design systems
- Experience designing software-as-a-service applications
- Proficiency with Figma, as it's our tool of choice, internally
What we offer
Stock Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Unlimited PTO, Benepass, Commuter Benefits, Work from Home Stipend, Parental Leave.
We are an equal opportunity and family friendly employer and we highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.