Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer to lead Strava’s financial management, capital funding and contribute to the development of the company’s strategic goals. As an integral member of our executive team, s/he will strengthen the processes and infrastructure needed for the substantial growth and evolution of our business over the next five to 10 years.
The ideal CFO candidate will add judgment and insight to our operational metrics, prioritize investments for impact, lead relationships with current and prospective investors and continue to develop members of our finance and legal teams. Representative operational topics include user growth, community member acquisition, usage intensity, subscriptions, renewals, data licensing and our scaled marketing business lines.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving to join a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Strategy, Vision and Insight
- Contribute to the development of Strava’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Advise senior management peers on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow and other strategic financial matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at board of directors and committee meetings.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and finance negotiations.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and legal teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual and long term budget processes.
- Ensure that Strava is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
- Provide analytical support to Strava’s management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.