Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About This Role
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and organized Facilities and Operations Manager! This position will be expected to provide strategic leadership while Strava grows in our headquarters and other offices; overseeing real estate and facilities decisions while remaining excited to help save-the-day with tactical concerns. You’ll manage our Office Coordinator and keep in close contact with representatives from our offices in Bristol, UK, Hanover, New Hampshire and a new location! Additionally, you will work closely with our People Team to create a quintessential employee experience through internal events and initiatives. This is a full-time position reporting to the V.P. of People and Talent.
The Facilities and Operations Manager will:
- Manage real estate searches, office moves, refurbishments and additional facilities projects.
- Manage our office coordinator and contacts responsible for day-to-day office operations.
- Plan engaging and relevant monthly and annual events, across all offices, to scale culture as we grow. Support additional recruiting and marketing events.
- Help monitor employee engagement and culture feedback
- Oversee food, security, and janitorial services
- Leverage our global footprint and develop a global strategy for our building vendors
- Maintain regular communication with business leaders, organizing input into actionable programs & goals, and setting clear expectations for project & service delivery.
- Achieve cost savings and support at/below budget, through maximizing utilization of suppliers and preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying efficiency opportunities.
- Develop and implement innovative programs and processes that aim to reduce operating costs and increase productivity and longevity, for both people and systems.
- 3+ years experience as a manager responsible for operations at office sites across multiple locations
• 2+ years experience managing and developing a team
• Strong project management skills
• Have balanced mix of people, technical, analytical and operations skills
• Experience working with creative and/or technology populations
• Experience scaling operations
• Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
• Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit a must
• Proven skills in planning and budgeting
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.