Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About This Role
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help athletes train, connect, and reach their full potential. The Growth Marketing team at Strava focuses on introducing people passionate about their sport to our fast growing, like minded community. As the team’s primary designer, you will be responsible for establishing new ways for how we communicate our product value proposition to these audiences quickly, clearly, and effectively. You will do this by creating a fresh and lean design process that includes new idea concepting, user research, prototyping, visual design, and optimization based on performance. Expect quantitative analysis, and plan to work with a team that tests every idea in pursuit of maximum impact. You should be very eager to try out a number of concepts and ideas intended to bring new athletes into our community, see many of them fail, study why, learn quickly, make changes, and repeat until we find success. This role, as much as any at Strava, will have a huge direct impact on our business in 2018 and beyond.
Areas of Focus
- Lead growth marketing design process, including concepting, layout, and asset creation for web and paid acquisition channels
- Work with paid and organic growth marketing leads on A|B tests and optimization of creatives
- Iterate with growth marketing team on ideas based on the analysis/learnings from experiments
- Create a marketing design process that enables us to launch a number of creative experiments
- Manage external production design contractors
- Report findings to the Strava Growth team at weekly meetings and to broader company
What We’re Looking For
- Prototyping concepts that can be user tested before launch
- Animation/motion capabilities; perhaps 2D/3D image rendering and video editing
- Basic experience with user research to help us understand the why behind the what
- 6+ years relevant experience in design, ideally based on performance metrics
- Experience in growth marketing/performance design
- Experience with A|B testing tools like Optimizely and Apptimize
- Bonus: front-end coding: HTML, JS, and CSS
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.