Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us!
About this Role
We are looking for an experienced engineer to expand our iOS application. In this role you will also help define our public facing API, as our mobile applications are key consumers of it. This is a full-time position at our new Denver, CO office.
- Help lead the design and implementation of the next generations of Strava mobile applications
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, and other engineers
- Mentor other engineers and help define best practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years building iOS applications (2+ years consumer facing apps)
- Objective-C and/or Swift plus CocoaTouch expertise
- Work examples or personal projects that show an aptitude for product sense
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience shipping professional and well reviewed iOS apps to the App Store
- Experience with iOS related build-tooling (xcodebuild, fastlane, CocoaPods) and automation
- Experience defining and instituting best practices including coding, testing, documentation and agile process standards
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s Engineering and your role in it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing.
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts, and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava’s datasets.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.