Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role
We are looking for an engineer to expand our Android applications. A strong background in mobile development isn't as essential as a passion for cutting edge technology, and a focus on building great applications that the Strava community will love. In this role you will also help define our public facing API, as our mobile applications are key consumers of it. We’d love to talk to you about the amazing stuff Strava is planning for mobile. Interested in learning more?
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s Engineering and your role in it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing.
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts, and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava’s datasets.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the next generations of Strava mobile applications
- Help develop Strava's public API
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, and other engineers
- This is a full-time position at our new Denver, CO office.
Who we're looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Work examples or personal projects that show an aptitude for product sense
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience building and shipping Android apps
- Experience defining web based APIs
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.