Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role
This position sits in the Analytics and Data Science team. A successful candidate will come with strong experience in research and analytics. Qualified candidates will be customer focused, commercially minded, data driven and a strong leader who can work with a cross functional team to identify and capture opportunity. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, collaborative, a ‘truth seeker’, have strong initiative and a nose for uncovering opportunity.
Day to day, Product Analysts are important members of a product development team, providing team members with information on the business, assessing market opportunity, product adoption and usage.
- Using Data to help drive and refine Product Strategy across the company
- Developing a strong, deep understanding of Strava Athletes, their behaviors, and needs across our products.
- Contributing to Analytics driven projects that make data within all of Strava more useful, accessible, and actionable to the rest of the organization
- Forming and championing a strong, data driven, point of view about Strava’s users, the cohorts to which they belong, and their varied behaviors within our products
- Leveraging data to understand our products in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to drive growth, engagement, and conversion of Strava users
- Driving projects focusing on new user growth, product adoption and usage, and revenue - working closely with design, product, engineering, and data teams
- Designing experiments and measuring experiment outcomes
- Working across core Strava products (feed, web, funnels, notifications, and mobile) and better understanding marketing channels like SEO, SEM, and email
- Defining analytics requirements (written as stories) and quality (acceptance) within the product development process.
- Designing, developing reporting on key metrics. You will build and evolve dashboards that help the team manage towards the objective.
Product Analysts work with a cross functional team (or teams). You will work closely with Product Managers, Product Marketers, Designers and Engineers.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Stats, or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL or scripting skills with the ability to learn both
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to process and analyze complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage a project or product
- Experience with subscription businesses, growth efforts, ad tech is a plus.
- Software development experience in a Consumer focused internet business preferred
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.