About This Role
Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a holistic view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love, and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
As a Global lead, you connect personally with Strava’s mission and have a passion for understanding what motivates athletes and how to translate those insights into brand actions and stories. As the first film lead, you are driven to contribute to the greater health and success of your team and the broader company by cultivating a culture of inclusivity, living a commitment to anti-racism, and championing creativity in the organization.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you get to be the following:
- Full Stack Visionary: Master of all - film, photography, or editing, you are the Renaissance individual of modern media.
- Scale Chameleon: Equipped for any project scale. You could be the captain of a shoot today, the strategic support tomorrow, or the maestro behind our brand's education. Your drive? Passion and the Strava brand voice.
- Guardian of Craft: Your love for film will set the gold standard. Collaborate intricately with our in-house production, brand, and marketing squads to carve out Strava's cinematic identity.
- Narrative Navigator: At Strava, every day, over 100 million athletes push limits. Dive deep, tap into their psyche, unearth their tales, and tell the world what it truly means to 'Strive with Strava.'
- Educator: While the world pedals, runs, and swims, keep them updated! Be the beacon of our latest product stories, guiding our vast community.
You will be successful here by:
- Being a Swiss army knife of a human. Photography, videography, editor and storyteller!
- Being passionate about understanding athlete motivation
- Cultivating a culture of inclusivity, living a commitment to anti-racism, and championing creativity in the organization.
- Having an unwavering resilience: The world of film is unpredictable. But with adaptability as your ally, you tread where others hesitate.
We’re excited about you because you have the following:
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in-house at a brand or agency with an incredible portfolio showcasing strong film and editorial storytelling.
- Storytelling: Whether it's an evocative documentary or a snappy social bite, your range should stir souls.
- Documentary Maestro: A deep-rooted understanding of documentary filmmaking and the knack to weave consumer emotions seamlessly.
- You love building integrated marketing campaigns to connect with Athletes where they spend their time, including CRM and social media
- Sportive Spirit: A background in sports filmmaking? That's the cherry on the cake!
- You are proficient with Tableau and can create compelling visualizations
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding
in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a distributed capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.