About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with US offices located in San Francisco and Denver and over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
Strava is growing! We are thrilled to be looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Employee Experience + Workplace to join our People team. This is an exciting opportunity to impact our overall employee experience and lead our Office and Facilities team and strategy. In this role you will play a critical role in managing and supporting our high performing, people-oriented culture. You will help redefine our norms and employee experience as we come out of the pandemic and evolve the future of work. You will partner closely with our People team leaders, our People business partners, our Talent team, and with teammates at all levels across Strava. This role is about taking Strava’s existing workplace infrastructure, norms, celebrations, and rituals and enhancing the experience to better suit our global distributed workforce.
As a member of the People team and reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will help carry our truly “people-first” culture. You will be a strategic partner in helping us navigate our global office footprint and distributed workforce norms.. You will supervise both physical spaces and workplace experiences, thus helping embody our company values through the day-to-day experience of working at Strava. We are passionate about supporting each of our teammates by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs, and practices. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. It is important that our Senior Manager, Employee Experience + Workplace shares similar passions and is committed to helping incorporate antiracist strategies and policies into Strava's culture and processes.
If this sounds exciting we'd love to talk to you about joining the team! In this role you can help us build and evolve our culture in a meaningful way. Please take a look at our Culture Blog to learn about why Strava is such an amazing place to work, and how our people-first approach shows up in real programs and experiences.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Workplace Management: Use your broad range of Facilities knowledge, exceptional attention to detail, highly organized thinking, strategic mindset, management experience and ability to handle multiple and constantly shifting priorities.
- Help establish Strava’s approach to physical spaces in the post-pandemic, distributed environment
- Develop and implement a strategy and program to support camaraderie and effectiveness for our teammates, regardless of whether they are working in offices, hybrid, or fully remote
- Engage and partner with key collaborators and third parties such as Real Estate brokers and our executive and Legal teams to support our global footprint
- Drive, contribute and collaborate on office build outs and improvement projects for our global office spaces
- Develop and ensure consistent delivery of site services across our workplaces to optimize the employee experience while also operating within financial plans
- Partner with Security & Safety to manage employee health & safety programs, emergency preparedness and disaster recovery plans
- Ensure compliance with all security protocols, ISO, and audit
- Culture and Events: Define what how and when we celebrate and bring our culture together through shared experiences
- Partner with the Director of DEI and across the People leadership team to build an approach to joy and celebrations that can be tailored across our company
- Stay closely connected with ERGs to support joint celebrations and events
- Make strategic decisions around festivities and gifting
- Communicate across Strava to build culture and camaraderie
- People Teammate: Stay closely connected and aligned with our broader People team; contributing as an integral member of the People team, participating in weekly meetings and social events when and where able.
- Build relationships and trust with our International teammates to be their support system and ensure they feel connected to the broader team
- Provide leadership and judgment on HR and culture to a passionate employee base.
- Partner with HR, ERG groups and other key collaborators in delivering employee-centric programs, services and events which build company culture, engagement, and diversity
- Employee Support: Be the point of escalation for your workplace team, IT, Finance & Legal, providing general support to all global employees on all People related questions through a variety of support channels.
- Employee Engagement: Work closely with the entire People team on company culture, how it is experienced throughout our office spaces, our programs and people-approach that blend data insights with care and empathy
We’re excited about you because:
- 7+ years progressive experience in Facilities or Workplace team, with experience managing a team.
- Experience in a growing startup environment with little existing facilities management infrastructure.
- A track record of both designing and implementing effective processes.
- Experience maximising people software to drive outcomes, business processes, and people programs.
- Relevant industry knowledge on best practices and implementation.
- Focusing on the details, but always mindful of the big picture.
- Exercising good judgment when handling sensitive situations.
- Experience scaling operations.
- Experience supporting a strong company culture through programs and events.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.