About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat, you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
As a Sr. Digital Marketing Manager you’ll be responsible for Strava’s digital marketing spend, finding new ways to use digital media to connect athletes to the magic of the Strava community every day.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build the paid digital media strategy for a beloved company that’s already seeing huge global impact and business momentum.
- Drive cost-effective new user and subscription growth at scale.
- Be a digital marketing pioneer, opening up new media channels and marketing technologies that act as powerful new growth levers for Strava’s business.
- Build an integrated experience for Strava customers on and off of the platform together with partners across CRM, Growth Marketing, Brand, and Product Marketing.
You will be successful here by:
- Driving growth! This is a role focused first and foremost on making paid digital spend deliver against Strava’s topline business goals.
- Guiding Strava to a more sophisticated approach to audience selection, ad spend management, and campaign optimization.
- Putting the customer at the center of your work, ensuring that any digital ads which athletes see from Strava are highly relevant and engaging.
- Approaching your work with creativity and an open mind, continually experimenting with new campaign approaches that delight athletes and grow the business.
- Supporting Strava’s commitment to Antiracism, discovering new ways for Strava communications to advance racial equity and promote an inclusive community
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 6+ years of experience working on digital marketing, with a track record of driving high year over year growth, implementing high-quality campaigns, & enhancing the efficiency of the ad spend you’re managing.
- You’re ready to take the next step in your career, starting as an individual contributor with the potential to grow a team under you as you help Strava grow.
- You’ve worked on customer acquisition strategies for mobile apps and can build effective marketing funnels across paid search, app store optimization, display and social, with app download as a key part of the customer journey.
- You’re not afraid to get into the details, and can step in and manage campaigns on online ad management platforms when vital.
- You can assess current paid media capabilities and develop a roadmap to evolve them, coordinating with marketing and product growth teams to achieve your team’s vision.
- You have experience working with external agencies from the selection process to day-to-day agency management. You can set up processes that ensure agency work is always clearly connected to a company’s marketing priorities and brand guidelines.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.