About the Role:
Strava is the world’s largest athletic community and the social platform at the center of connected fitness. With over 95 million athletes on Strava and 2 million more joining every month, we’re growing fast. The Events & Partnerships Manager, France/Spain reports to the Country Manager, France/Spain, and will play an important role in being where our athletes are, by executing and managing events and partnerships activations - initiatives and strategies that will be integral in helping to grow and engage our community of athletes in ones of our core markets.
We’re passionate about you because you will:
Build and execute event and partnership marketing strategies that cut through the noise and add brand-relevant value to athletes in order to drive brand awareness, salience, and engagement during key athlete moments.
Show up where athletes are in highly relevant ways, working cross-functionally with Strava Business, Product, Product Marketing, and others to ensure that the events and partnerships activations matter more on Strava and are amplifying our key marketing messages.
Be a strategic partner with both existing and new event/partner relationships, creating and adding value to long-term partnerships that will drive marketing and business outcomes.
Lead event partner relationships with best-in-class negotiation skills, pitching, and an ambitious approach.
Create the foundation and playbook for how Strava shows up for our performance and experience-driven athletes through events and partnerships
Build out what event and partner marketing looks like in France and Spain for Strava - taking risks, learning how these activations affect our key metrics of awareness, growth, and engagement, then iterating and building on it.
Create energizing experiences for our athletes on the ground and leading up to events that demonstrate our values and core differentiators.
Event management and delivery coordination, logistics, management including external agencies when needed
Work closely with the France/Spain Community Associate to include athlete forward storytelling, local athlete activations, and community connection with every setup you drive.
Share case studies and best-in-class industry trends with the Marketing team.
Reporting, evaluating, and sharing key results and learnings, and best practices across all projects
We’re passionate about you because you have:
- 5-7 years of experience across events marketing and partnerships and/or marketing campaign execution, preferably within the sport, technology, or B2C sectors.
- Worked in both agency-side and brand-side roles driving strategy and plans to effectively move and measure brand health metrics and business goals.
- Experience managing omnichannel campaigns and multiple complex projects with high attention to detail.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves for any number of projects that may come up and an openness to learn new things.
- Experience managing freelancers, agency partners and working with creative teams to create energizing partnership/event campaigns.
- Self-starter motivation and comfort working collaboratively with a cross-functional team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent negotiation and partner management skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
- An open, curious mind and great ideas that drive results.
- A growth mindset.
- Languages: French (native), Spanish (fluent), English (fluent)
Ideal Qualifications (We would like for you have):
- Sports brand and/or B2C events / brand partnerships experience.
- Experience of managing events / brand partnerships end to end to drive brand love and growth
- Experience in tech with a good understanding of digital marketing
In your cover letter, we would love to see (please include to complete your application):
- What specifically interests you about this opportunity and why are you the best candidate to do it?
- What attributes do you have that would separate you from other candidates?
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.