About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 93 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
Reporting to the CFO, this role will be an integral part of bringing the vision of what the Strava product can be for athletes through driving strategic company-wide efforts, driving and enabling scale and footprint expansions and preparing for public-company readiness.
In this role, you will collaborate across the company to develop and implement accounting and tax capabilities. You will play a lead role in supporting the growth and development of a highly talented team that enables our business growth, aligns team development with company goals and values, and continues to evolve our accounting and reporting infrastructure.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Partner with tax advisors for quarterly provision and disclosure, including leading and managing the preparation of provisions and balance tax support needs as Strava scales
- Oversee all global direct and indirect taxes, including income, sales and use, property, and consumption-based taxes
- Own annual transfer pricing process and maintain and update inter-company agreements as required
- Lead set up all new legal entities, including partner with the business to understand operational purposes and recommend proper set up for inter-company purposes
- Provide guidance to the business for complex tax transactions, including equity, mergers and acquisitions
- Partner strategically with business partners on various tax implications, both domestic and internationally, including tax structure recommendations to address changes in tax legislation
- Work with Accounting and FP&A teams for cash utilization efficiencies for US and international holdings
- Be a senior leader in the accounting org and mentor and develop the team
- Manage all income tax
- Be part of an exciting journey to being a public company and manage SOX matters for implementation and 404(b) compliance
You will be successful here by:
- Building and strengthening working relationship and scale with the growth of business teams to ensure integration with various business functions, bring tax awareness and champion tax requirements
- Work with finance and accounting teams to implement and improve end-to-end tax process and procedures to mitigate risks
- Providing day-to-day operational guidance and timely address to cross-functional finance and business teams’ inquiries
- Managing and being responsible for all global tax compliance including corporate income, US State and Sales tax and global VAT remittance, etc.
- Overseeing the global income tax provision process, identify local country tax issues, book/tax differences, financial statement disclosures, etc
- Managing, investigating, and resolving any tax authority notifications, domestic and international
- Overseeing the completion and review of all transfer pricing documentation requirements, including preparation or review of the transfer pricing calculations
- Leading continuous process improvements to optimize tax/business functions
- Supporting the payroll team on payroll/benefits tax compliance
We’re excited about you because:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and CPA
- Big 4 experience
- Deep knowledge and application of SALT, Federal and International tax regulations
- Extensive experience in public or international public company tax compliance with progressive increases in responsibility
- Ability to excel in a flexible, fast-paced work environment and possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- History and desire to drive efficiencies and process improvements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Flexible, organized, and detail oriented
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.