About the Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 90 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat, you're an athlete, and Strava's mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
As the first member of the Localization Operations team at Strava, you will establish a new function for us, charged with improving and maintaining the Localization team's internal processes, scheduling, and plannings. You will serve as a strategic, operational partner combining project management expertise to increase operational efficiency for the Localization team, including planning and scheduling the timelines and solving processes and challenges. This role is well suited for a hardworking, self-motivated, and experienced operations-focused professional who is excited by creating structure and insight through collaboration. This person will report directly to the Localization department and will work with our localization team. Our collaboration will make the team's services better, faster, and more efficient.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Drive localization operational effectiveness, efficiencies, and scale through process improvements, and project management skills.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal teams about upcoming projects and schedule them accordingly.
- Having an ownership mentality with an ability to handle competing and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Create, schedule, track and report Strava's internal upcoming projects/timeliness and delivery status for all major Marketing campaigns and other localization projects.
- Effectively plan and communicate localization project updates/timeliness cross-functionally and with our internal partners.
- Lead the timelines efforts for our localization/translation process, including communication.
- Make sure that the L10N team is properly represented from a timeline scheduling perspective.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and L10N needs of the team using a strategic business approach.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal teams by serving as the day-to-day point of contact for our content localization.
- Effectively articulate the value of content L10N requirements and regional preferences to cross-functional teams.
- Identify and manage risks through prioritization and troubleshooting.
- Manage complex cross-functional projects.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-regional teams to build consensus, facilitate accountability, coordinate decision-making, and guide the implementation of upcoming major initiatives/campaigns.
We're excited about you because:
- 7+ years of experience in managing project management and operations, with experience in L10N.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle a high volume of assets in multiple projects for different content types at a time.
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to be extremely agile and pivot as needed a collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude.
- Able to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business.
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve asset quality and production pipelines for the L10N team.
- You have a proven ability to navigate and problem-solve for difficult issues and multiple partners.
- You have a passion for getting things done, working on cross-functional projects, problem-solving, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- You are a thorough and organized problem solver who can drive strategic and tactical objectives, shift between them as needed and drive projects to successful delivery.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.