About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 90 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
As the first member of the Legal Operations team at Strava, you will establish a new function for us, charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. You will serve as a strategic operational partner combining project management expertise with an aim to increase operational efficiency for the Legal team, including tracking objectives, budget tracking and planning, and solving process and technology challenges. This role is well suited for a hardworking, self-motivated, and experienced operations-focused professional who is excited by creating structure and insight through collaboration, data and technology. This person will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel and will work with all attorneys on the team. Our collaboration will make the team’s services better, faster and more efficient.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Drive legal operational effectiveness, efficiencies, and scale through process improvements, technology, and project management skills.
- Coordinate our contracts system (Ironclad), including oversight of related metrics, company adoption, tooling optimization and improvements.
- Oversee legal vendors to ensure quality support with preferred engagement criteria and efficient fees.
- Partner with Legal team budget owners to handle outside counsel spend & efficiency.
- Lead the internal data request efforts process, including communication and production related to subpoena and law enforcement requests.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and administrative needs of the team using a strategic business approach.
You will be successful here by:
- Building lasting relationships with business partners that strengthen the connection between Legal and other teams.
- Having an ownership mentality with an ability to handle competing and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Staying one step ahead of the need for process improvements.
- Having a growth mindset.
- Being an incredible listener.
- Driving projects to completion.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have a sincere, collaborative, and empathetic personality with a strong inclination to be part of a strong team.
- You demonstrate humility, integrity, and creativity.
- You take the work seriously, but not yourself.
- You have a proven ability to navigate and problem solve for difficult issues and multiple partners.
- You have a passion for getting things done, working on cross-functional projects, problem solving, efficiency and effectiveness.
- You are thorough and organized problem solver with the ability to drive strategic and tactical objectives, shift between them as needed and drive projects to successful delivery.
- You have 7+ years of experience in project management and operations, with experience in a law firm or in-house legal department (such as legal operations, contracts administration, or paralegal), background in tech preferred.
- You have experience with legal management tools such as a contracts or equity management system (Ironclad, Carta, etc…), electronic signature software (e.g., DocuSign), or task management systems.
- Ability to quickly learn or vet new software or technology.
- Experience working with equity strongly preferred.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.