About the Role:
Strava is the world’s largest athletic community and the social platform at the center of connected fitness. With over 90 million athletes on Strava and 2 million more joining every month, we’re growing fast. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
The US Marketing team is looking to add a team member to cover for our current community associate while on parental leave. We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, an empathetic manager and an organization wizard who loves meeting people in real life (when we can do that again!) to join our team tentatively until April 2022. As part of the marketing team, the Community Marketing Associate, US (Contract) will work cross-functionally with many parts of the organization including product, design and creative teams, business development and the people team. This is a multi-faceted role which requires flexibility and multitasking.
The Community Marketing Associate, US (Contract) reports to the Marketing Lead, North America and will help with overseeing and executing a large and broad community marketing plan, support the management of professional athletes, influencers, brand fans and the core athletes of our broader community. This involves coordinating with athletes directly, managing and evolving our professional program, coordinating gear drops, finalizing contracts and organizing activations, content and product education initiatives where the athletes are our voice. You will also be helping to amplify our existing and upcoming US-centric campaigns, organizing communications plans with our influencers and internal stakeholders, working directly with some of our most valuable partners and events in activating around our brand as well as leading the charge on our influencer gear.
We’re passionate about you because you will:
- Manage the Strava US Influencer program, which includes professional athletes, highly influential individuals and power Strava athletes. The program is multi-faceted and integrated with our content strategy, marketing campaigns and other company initiatives.
- Manage the Strava professional athlete program by updating and maintaining a list of all Strava professional athletes, specifically in the US.
- Coordinate influencer communications, both programmatic and campaign-related.
- Report on engagement and progress of the internal influencer program for each tier, campaign and content piece
- Support any and all community events that directly connect in person with our athletes, from large races to in-office meet-ups.
- Manage our Strava gear from merchandising to inventory to distribution.
- Support local, national and global campaigns with athlete storytelling, event activation and other initiatives as needed.
- Assist with existing partnerships in the US around challenge creation, content management and communications plans.
- Support other marketing initiatives as needed.
We’re passionate about you because you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in marketing or high degree of interest in brand and influencer/sports marketing evidenced by studies and/or past professional experience.
- Former experience building, managing and executing a formal influencer program
- High emotional intelligence and ability to influence with strong attention to detail.
- A passion for building and engaging communities, particularly around sport.
- Comfort with cross-functional collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment, while operating with an open mind and great ideas that drive results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A growth mindset.
Ideal Qualifications (We would like for you have, but not required):
- Experience working with athletes and/or other sports brands.
In your cover letter, we would love to see (please include to complete your application):
- What specifically interests you about this opportunity and why are you the best candidate to do it?
- What attributes do you have that would separate you from other candidates?
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.