Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our team. This individual will oversee the buildout and implementation of our Strava Community on the Khoros platform. Long term, you will be the visionary, helping guide this space to reach its full potential by partnering with stakeholders across the business!
You will help create a community platform and work closely with our community of athletes to ideate on suggestions and concepts that better support our communities, and take their feedback to share with our Product team. This community space will also empower our athletes to provide peer to peer support, while encouraging meaningful connections to help and encourage each other.
As you help iterate on the roadmap for this role, you will build a relationship with our content team to help develop a strategy around curated and user generated content. While also identifying opportunities to increase our subscription value proposition through subscriber only experiences and other areas of the business.
Your close-knit relationship with various stakeholders in the business will help you plan the short term roadmaps for the most critical areas of our business, in order to get a strong footing before moving into other spaces. While also being a critical piece of the feedback loop helping coordinate updates for community feedback posts
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Have the opportunity to build a new Khoros-powered Strava Community from the ground up. Creating a strong foundation that will allow us to scale for years to come.
- Find new opportunities to leverage our mature Community Management team to help the community succeed.
- Prioritize the roadmap for short and long term goals and priorities, while partnering with Product, Marketing, Research, and other stakeholders, to define additional spaces within the community which will help us utilize all of the opportunities this platform builds.
You will be successful here by:
- Leveraging our passionate and naturally competitive community. Engaging with them to incentivize positive community participation.
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with different teams. Combining your knowledge of communities with Strava’s business goals to develop a roadmap that compliments our 3 year plan.
- Understanding how to influence and drive product decisions when more than one stakeholder is involved.
- Optimally synthesizing and communicating Strava Community feedback, sentiment, and trends.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have 3+ years experience working with top-level community software such as Khoros, Lithium, Jive, or Sprinklr.
- Know the strategy to building a successful community, while maintaining your unique vision for ours.
- Have leveraged communities to promote community-driven support. Especially with B2C communities.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.