About the role
We are looking for a machine learning engineering intern to help us build the future of Strava. If you are excited by ML and want to spend a summer building personalized features that million of Strava athletes will use, please consider applying!
Interns at Strava are treated as full-time members of the engineering team. We’ll give you experienced mentors and all the tools you need to make a meaningful impact on our product.
- Build the next generation of the Strava experience alongside a team of passionate and talented engineers.
- Collaborate with our internal partners in product, analytics, and engineers.
- This is a 3 month Summer internship. The working scope includes prototyping, feature pipelines, model training, and analysis.
- Pursuing a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience working with ML problems (for example, relevant courses/projects/internships).
- 2023 grads in Computer Science or related fields. Open both to undergraduate and graduate school students.
- Experience with at least one modern programming language, such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Disciplined approach to testing your code.
- Humble and empathetic with a willingness to learn.
- Passion and curiosity for data.
- Experience working with popular ML frameworks (Xgboost, TensorFlow, PyTorch, sklearn, etc).
- Experience working with analytical languages (SQL, Python, R, etc).
- Experience working with data pipelines (Spark, Hadoop, etc).
- Familiarity with version control. We use Github.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we're searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it's not only about achieving - we're an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we're just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.