About the role
Strava is looking for a Summer 2022 Product Analyst Intern, where you will be a key member of our cross-functional product teams. You will work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, and product marketers to drive tactical and strategic decision-making with data. The successful candidate will have a passion for data, a deep curiosity to find impactful insights, and a desire to communicate results to impact the business. This position is a 3-month summer internship position on our Analytics team.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze data to help drive decisions and set product strategy within a product or platform team.
- Develop insights that further our understanding of our athletes, their usage patterns, and opportunities to improve their experience.
- Analyze athlete behavior and usage patterns to generate insights and actionable recommendations that will shape the experience of millions of athletes.
- Define key metrics, and create reports and dashboards to monitor them.
- Pursuing a BS in statistics, economics, computer science or similar quantitative field.
- Rising Senior (2023 grad).
- Familiarity with data transformations and SQL.
- Comfort working with large data sets.
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with attention to detail, manage project scope, and orient towards business impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms and effectively communicate to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience with an analytical language (e.g. Python or R)
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Familiarity with statistical concepts such as statistical testing and machine learning techniques such as regression analysis.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.