About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
We are looking for a Partner Operations Coordinator to join our growing Partner Operations squad, focused on bringing motivating, unique partner activations to our athletes. Working with brands in the endurance sports industry, you will collaborate with Strava’s Copy, Brand, Localization, and CRM teams to execute in-app and email promotional campaigns for Strava Challenges. This role is a mix of project management, operations, and client-facing partnerships support.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Get to know Strava’s business products & value proposition like the back of your hand, adapting recommendations to suit client needs.
- Contribute your experience in project management, operations, and business development.
- Have significant impact within a mature partnerships team, by improving processes, creating new ways of working, and working with a wide array of partners globally.
- Serve as the hub and a primary point of contact for Strava’s copy, CRM, brand, and localization teams. You also have a bird’s eye view of all partner promotions and can coordinate effectively with Partner Managers to ensure all campaigns are successful.
- Help to provide a source of motivation for Strava athletes.
You will be successful here by:
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of our active campaigns. Even if you aren’t working on all of these campaigns directly, a high level of situational awareness will enable you to support our athletes and partners to the fullest extent.
- Communicating proactively with internal teams (Copy, CRM, Partnerships) to keep everyone abreast of timelines and objectives.
- Learning internal tools and processes to provide end-to-end support of partner campaigns during times of high need (in collaboration with an existing operations team).
- Being attuned to the client and athlete experiences, gathering information to help improve current and future partnership solutions.
We’re excited about you because:
- You thrive in a team environment and value both providing and receiving backup from teammates during times of need.
- You already are, or are excited to become, an Asana pro.
- You love timelines and are always thinking two steps ahead. You have a proven track record of keeping projects on pace, and can work across time zones with finesse.
- You have exceptional written, oral, and cross-cultural communication skills - especially when it comes to reading the client relationship and tailoring communications to deliver the appropriate message and tone.
- You are comfortable with work that does not always have clear “rules,” and, with support from your team, are able to apply a set of guiding principles to new situations that arise.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in project management, promotion coordination, or marketing comms -- or have 0-1 years of experience and are quick to learn!
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.