About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
Strava is hiring a Product Manager to lead the Activation Team within our Growth Organization. Part of Growth’s mission is to make it easy to fall in love with Strava, and Activation owns a key part of that – we help our new and returning athletes learn about Strava and develop healthy fitness habits. This includes building experiences like personalized onboarding, highlighting streaks, and encouraging athletes to motivate each other.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build new experiences that are the first touchpoint for millions of new Strava athletes, and help motivate millions more already on the platform.
- Own the development and execution of a product strategy that balances athlete needs and business needs.
- Work with cross-functional partners to ship A/B tests that teach us about our athletes and move key metrics for the team.
- Work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Build an inclusive and high performing team culture
You will be successful here by:
- Keeping a growth mindset. Constantly asking how we can improve our own frameworks and processes.
- Partnering closely with your cross-functional team leads to develop and execute on the product strategy.
- Developing empathy for our Strava athletes by harnessing both data and user research.
- Embracing an inclusive, collaborative environment that elevates a diverse set of voices and experiences.
We’re excited about you because:
- You’ve shipped features that bring joy and delight to your users, while improving key company metrics.
- You bring a hypothesis-driven, iterative approach to product development. You’ve shipped plenty of A/B tests, but you also know when there are quicker, faster ways to validate your hypotheses. You know how to weigh difficult tradeoffs between specific metrics, and intangibles like safety, privacy, and overall experience.
- You have a knack for synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to frame problems and develop solutions.
- You lead by lifting up your teammates. Your energy and enthusiasm to solve problems unlocks creativity in the rest of the team!
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.