About This Role
Strava is the world’s largest athletic community and the social platform at the center of connected fitness. With over 90 million athletes on Strava and 2 million more joining every month, we’re growing fast! The internal communications Manager reports to the Senior Director of communications and will play a pivotal role in leading our internal communication efforts.
In this role, the leader is expected to develop the internal communications strategy for Strava and lead employee engagement in support of our strategic mission and vision. The leader of internal communications & engagement will also need to be highly collaborative and help build capacity in metrics by developing KPI's to measure internal communications impact.
- Take the lead on developing and deploying strategy for employee communications aligned to the strategic priorities for organizational and geographical employee goals. Enures alignment to corporate employee communications focus areas and priorities while directly managing the internal narrative as a subset of our overall communications narrative.
- Own and execute All Hands weekly company meeting by creating an overarching strategy, managing the All Hands content calendar, responsible for aligning and securing approvals from leadership team, update the host list in addition to other tasks related to executing the single largest weekly company meeting.
- Support leadership owned social platforms, including LinkedIn and position them as thought leaders across tech and connected fitness. Leverage their platforms to support major company announcements and create narratives that positively position Strava while raising the profile of our leadership team.
- In partnership with the People team, oversee internal and recruitment communications and employer branding to ensure Strava attracts and retains the best talent. Support diversity and inclusion efforts (anti racism mission), particularly related to partnering with the team on external outreach and employee messaging.
- Stay current on leading trends to deliver practical and insightful communication recommendations and thought leadership. Coordinate across the broader Global Communication team and work holistically across Corporate Communications to support strong and consistent delivery of global, enterprise initiatives.
- Strategically implement plans that grow employee understanding of priority strategic business initiatives. Serve as a liaison for multiple business units and provide counsel to the management team.
- Lead internal communications measurement efforts. Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies and tactics for continuous improvement, measured by qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Contribute to our global communications strategy and enhance our global ways of working.
You will be successful here by:
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Manage projects and ensure deadlines are met for timely delivery
- Be able to take both an analytical and creative approach to solving problems
We’re excited about you because:
- At least 5+ years of PR (or internal comms) experience with a proven track record in a fast-paced environment required
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- High standards for design and writing, utmost attention to detail, and ability to accelerate projects and multi-task
- Outstanding ability to capture executives' voices, elevate their content and presence, and demonstrate exceptional written and verbal comm skills.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment while maintaining poise to work effectively with senior executives.
- Ability to influence in multiple ways and build credibility quickly with key stakeholders and peers.
- Experience in internal communications with a growing organization. Plus for candidates who have scaled an internal communications function
In your cover letter, we would love to see:
- What specifically interests you about this opportunity and why are you the best candidate to do it?
- Please also provide 2-3 samples of your very best writing--this might be a press release, an executive note/email, messaging or talking points. Whatever will give us the best sense of your strengths as a written communicator.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.