About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
As Growth Product Marketing Manager, you will spearhead our strategies to grow our subscription business by focusing on acquisition. You’ll work with teams ranging from product development to business operations to creative marketing as you bring new ideas to life.
Responsibilities will include marketing Strava subscriptions to current athletes, bringing new subscribers onto Strava, and developing our global pricing and promotion strategies. You’ll learn how all the different pieces of Strava’s subscription business interact, taking both global and local views to identify strategies that grow trials across key markets.
- Develop a deep understanding of Strava’s customer segments to understand which athletes are most likely to become subscribers during their athletic journey (as well as when and why they decide to subscribe).
- Run promotional programs across all markets, acting as the global lead for subscription campaigns focused on limited time offers, gifting, and more.
- Own always-on subscriber acquisition programs and associated conversion funnels
- Work with Strava’s revenue team to define our global pricing strategy
- Work closely with creative to personalize messaging and design to market our subscription in ways that speak to athlete needs and motivations
- Bring new ideas from ideation to experimentation. You should be comfortable interpreting results, measuring success, and building off experiment learnings
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Be an integral part of driving business success with high visibility with our leadership team
- Partner with Biz Ops, Creative, CRM to define the strategy and oversee the execution of our global trial acquisition program
- See your work evolve from ideation to execution to scale and have full ownership over your projects
You will be successful here by:
- Being able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Being hungry to learn more about athlete motivations and behaviors to best communicate and reach athletes
- Being able to take both an analytical and creative approach to solving problems
We’re excited about you because:
- You understand how to run LiveOps/Promotional campaigns to grow revenue
- You have the unique ability to both interpret data and build A/B testing frameworks - but also have an eye for design systems and creatives that stand out in the advertising space
- You have experience growing companies and know what strategies work and how personalizing and messaging have huge impacts on performance
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.