About The Role
Strava is growing! We are thrilled to be looking for an experienced People Ops Specialist to join our People team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in helping us build out our People Operations team. In this role you can play a critical role in supporting our robust, people-oriented workplace. You will work closely with our People team leaders, our People business partners, our Talent team, and with teammates at all levels across Strava. Specifically, you will be one of two People Ops Specialists providing support to and be the subject matter expert for all of our US employees.
As a member of the People team and reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will help carry our truly “people-first” culture and continually improve our employee experience via contributing to our People programs and projects. We are passionate about supporting each of our teammates by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs, and practices. It is important that our People Ops Specialist share similar passions and is committed to helping incorporate antiracist strategies and policies into Strava's culture and processes over time.
If any of this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you about joining the team! In this role you can help us build and develop our culture and our people as we scale through the years ahead. Please take a look at our Culture Blog to learn about why Strava is such an amazing place to work, and how our people-first approach shows up in real programs and experiences.
We're excited about you because you will:
- Employee Support: Provide general support to employees on all People related questions through a variety of support channels. You’ll mostly be working with our teams in the US.
- People Operations: Use your broad range of People Operations knowledge, exceptional attention to detail, highly organized thinking, and ability to handle multiple and constantly shifting priorities.
- Assist with or administer benefits and perks, payroll, employee onboarding and offboarding, leaves of absences, time off programs, maintaining employee records, etc.
- Help to craft, articulate and implement the best policies and procedures ensuring they are country specific while maintaining the Strava Culture.
- Assist with all manner of ad-hoc organizational development projects such as talent reviews, engagement surveys, compliance trainings, and as a supporting teammate to our larger People Team in various ways
- Engage with key partners and third parties when vital (internal and external).
- People Teammate: Stay closely connected and aligned with our broader People team; contributing as an integral member of the People team, participating in weekly meetings and social events when and where able.
- Establish relationships and trust with our International teammates to be their support system and ensure they feel connected to the broader team.
- Facilitation: Be a well balanced facilitator and strong communicator that does not shy away from any question.
- Employee Engagement: Work closely with the entire People team on company culture, our programs and people-approach that blend data insights with care and compassion.
We're excited about you because you:
- Have 2+ years experience in an HR Coordinator, HR Specialist or other HR role partnering with all levels of the organization.
- Are highly organized, an excellent communicator, facilitator, and listener with a balanced and thoughtful approach, who is adept at building trust with others while promoting inclusivity with teams. Experience working in a variety of modalities (i.e. online, in-person, remote etc).
- Have a keen understanding of people and team dynamics, with an ability to glean insights and action solutions that bring others along the way.
- Are a highly accountable and organizationally minded individual who is skilled at process and project management, and who can carry many simultaneous initiatives forward and prioritize fluidly as needs change.
- Possess and demonstrate a growth attitude, the desire to learn and continually improve, and to help others do the same.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count. Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too.
We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, TCV, Madrone Capital Partners, Jackson Square Ventures, Go4it and Dragoneer Investment Group and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times.
Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.