About the Role
Strava is growing! We are thrilled to be looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our People team. This is an exciting opportunity to help us re-open our San Francisco office. In this role you can play a critical role in supporting our high performing, people-oriented workplace. You will work closely with our People Operations, IT and Facilities teams, our People team leaders, and with teammates at all levels across Strava. Specifically, you will be responsible for the San Francisco office administration, reception and serving as the main point of contact for everyone in the SF office.
As a member of the People team and reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will help carry our truly “people-first” culture and continually improve our employee experience via contributing to our Office and People programs and projects. You will be responsible for keeping up with our San Francisco office, creating a friendly and inviting atmosphere for our employees and visitors, and as well as being an integral part of our People and Culture Experience Team. We are passionate about supporting each of our teammates by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs, and practices. It is important that our Office Manager share similar passions and is committed to helping incorporate anti racism strategies and policies into Strava's culture and processes over time.
If any of this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you about joining the team! In this role you can help us build and develop our culture and our people as we scale through the years ahead. Please take a look at our Culture Blog to learn about why Strava is such an outstanding place to work, and how our people-first approach shows up in real programs and experiences.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Workplace: Lead our SF office and enforce to all office related responsibilities, policies, and guidelines.
- Maintain all office supply inventory, ordering equipment & furniture, ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date, greet visitors, etc.
- Make the office a nice and welcoming environment, make sure everything is clean and tidy for our employees and guests.
- Partner with our IT and Facilities teammates on local workplace issues such as identifying space, supporting workplace operations, and helping with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Employee Support: Provide general support to our SF employees on all People related questions through a variety of support channels.
- People Teammate: Stay closely connected and aligned with our broader People team; chipping in as an integral member of the People team, participating in weekly meetings and social events when and where able.
- Reception: Greet all employees and visitors as they arrive onsite. Complete all COVID procedures, if required, and assist folks with general office related questions or concerns.
- Employee Engagement: Work closely with the entire People team on company culture, our programs and people-approach that blend data insights with care and compassion.
We're excited about you because:
- You have 1+ years experience in an office manager role partnering with all levels of the organization.
- You have a keen sense for organization, office aesthetic, and will commit to providing a calming and cheerful working environment.
- You are an excellent communicator and listener with a balanced and thoughtful approach, who is adept at building trust with others while promoting inclusivity with teams.
- You are a highly accountable and organizationally minded individual who is skilled at processes and project management, and who can carry many simultaneous initiatives forward and prioritize fluidly as needs change.
- You possess and demonstrate a growth demeanor, the desire to learn and continually improve, and to help others do the same.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.