About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 80 million athletes in 195 countries. All of these athletes generate data across our product, that ties together their story. That data holds the keys to understanding how we can serve athletes best, while also building a more valuable business as a result.
We are hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Contract) to enhance our self-service capabilities with Tableau. Your goal will be to enable everyone at Strava (not just the data team) to feel empowered to dig into our data. Every Strava employee should have the tools to better understand our athlete behavior, get insights about their product usage, have access to business metrics, company KPIs, and more. We want our self service tools to feel accessible by making them easy to use, and the data inside them trusted and reliable.
This role reports to an Analytics Manager and partners tightly with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the company. The role has high visibility, and is an exciting opportunity for someone enthusiastic about delivering the wow to a company hungry for actionable data insights!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Gather requirements from various cross-functional partners regarding specific self-service use cases that would complement their work flow.
- Build out self service data sources and their corresponding template dashboards in Tableau.
- Create data pipelines inside and outside of Tableau, managing both the performance and scalability aspects of keeping data accessible, fresh, and consistent.
- Partner with other analysts who are subject matter experts on our vertical teams to consolidate their high-level product metrics for company-wide consumption.
- Improve the discovery and reliability aspect of Tableau by investing in new organization styles and tagging for our content.
- Document what is built and share out the code.
You will be successful here by:
- You have high agency over your work and are committed to driving outcomes with confidence and humility.
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to construct compelling stories and clearly articulate them to a non-technical audience.
- You have a proven track record of meeting goals and keeping projects on pace.
- You are able to spot things in our data that others have overlooked, and are comfortable making recommendations that will help the broader team improve our self-service capabilities and ways of working.
We’re excited about you because:
- You are proficient with Tableau and can create compelling visualizations.
- You are highly comfortable with SQL.
- You have an understanding of data pipeline concepts (e.g. ETL, scripting common analysis workflows, such as Github and command line tools).
- You are a strong communicator with an orientation towards impact, and are comfortable working both cross-functionally and independently.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.