About the role
We are looking for a contract Creative Operations Manager to build our operational capacity and elevate the successful execution of our work. This position will directly support the brand creative team, and will partner with cross functional work streams on collaborative efforts. You’ll be joining a growing team, and will help us to strengthen relationships and deliver outstanding results.
The ideal candidate thrives on leading change, understands how to build positive working methods, and has a knack for efficiency. We are looking for a self motivated, driven candidate who is adaptable, excited to dive in and help solve problems, and excels in a highly collaborative team culture.
This is a contract position through the end of 2021 with the possibility to extend.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Manage multiple work streams and portfolios of projects.
- Drive operational standard methodologies to set up projects and teams for success.
- Contribute to strategic planning discussions with marketing, product and creative leadership.
- Facilitate the intake process to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resourced.
- Partner with creative leadership advance team initiatives and support effective decision making.
- Identify process improvements and initiate change.
- Facilitate feedback cycles.
- Build cross functional relationships to streamline and improve ways of working.
- Collaborate with partners to ensure project goals and objectives are clearly distilled and communicated.
- Maintain clear cross functional alignment on scope and deliverables throughout project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to draft project scope and constraints.
- Identify areas of risk and action solutions to mitigate.
- Onboard and manage contractors and vendors.
- Facilitate communication and track progress between agency partners and cross functional teams.
- Communicate ongoing project updates with leadership.
- Handle creative tools, budgets and documentation.
We're excited about you because you have:
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience in a creative setting.
- An understanding of brand, marketing and product design life cycles with the common roadblocks and challenges teams encounter.
- The capacity to ask questions, synthesize critical information, put ideas into action, and share findings.
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives and portfolios of work.
- Experience facilitating diverse partner group inputs.
- The ability to connect business objectives to team output and planning.
- An eagerness for new challenges, a growth oriented attitude, and a knack for handling ambiguity.
- Experience in a digital startup environment (preferred but not required).
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
Strava is committed to becoming an anti-racist company. Learn more about what that means to us by clicking here.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.