About This Role
The Strava Business team works with industry partners to help motivate athletes to achieve their personal best. Through integrated in-app experiences developed in collaboration with industry partners, athletes are challenged to achieve goals and connect with their community -- and are rewarded for their progress. As a Technical Partner Manager you will handle the technical relationship of API Partners in addition to leading the effort to evolve Strava's API for the future. You will be in the main contact between external client technical teams and our API.
We're excited about you because you will:
- Lead the effort to evolve Strava's API for the future
- Handle the operational side of Strava’s API Partners
- Interact with key API consumers and review all API requests
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, business development, 3rd parties, and engineers
- Redefine API specific infrastructure
- You will work with top companies in the fitness world to onboard them to our platform and help all preferred partners with technical API questions
- Together with community management, you will triage issues and work with our engineering team to resolve
- Proactively identify integration issues and perform outreach to work towards a resolution
- Improve the API, documentation & tools in order to make integrating with Strava as easy as possible
- Maintain our curated list of Strava API Apps
We're excited about you because you have:
- 2+ years of experience working with APIs in a technical startup environment.
- Deep knowledge of the technologies around APIs.
- High proficiency with SQL (required) and have an understanding of data pipeline concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to construct compelling stories and clearly articulate them to a non-technical audience.
- A proven track record of meeting goals and keeping projects on pace.
- High agency over your work, committed to driving outcomes and venturing into highly exploratory domains with confidence and humility.
- Eagerness to make your mark. You are able to spot things in data that others have overlooked and are comfortable making recommendations and helping the broader team improve our product and ways of working.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.