About this Role
As a Part-Time Technical Support Representative at Strava, you will provide technical support for the product and assist with GPS file upload troubleshooting.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Responding to member inquiries by providing assistance with site functionality, in addition to troubleshooting Strava applications, GPS data problems and activity analysis issues.
- Staying on top of product changes, bugs and updates in order to relay the most accurate information to our members.
- Producing a consistent number of high quality responses to our members on a daily basis.
- Communicating trends to the company based on user feedback and feature requests.
- Creating bug reports and managing their resolution with the team.
You are extremely organized and have the ability to stay focused and work quickly, whether it’s working remotely or in our offices.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 2+ years in a technical support or customer service role.
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform.
- Available to work from the office as necessary.
- Excellent follow through, judgment and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude.
- You have a strong and demonstrated passion for cycling, running, triathlon or another endurance sport and connect personally with Strava’s mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world.
- You are energetic, self-motivated and have great time management skills.
- Ability to stay on task and follow outlined processes.
- A well-rounded technical proficiency with browsers, mobile and web platforms, and text editors.
- Exceptional reading comprehension as well as written and oral skills. Strong typing skills are a must.
- Can work on the weekends and contribute extra hours when necessary.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Preference given to foreign language speakers.
In your cover letter please include responses to the following questions:
- What excites you about working for the Strava support team?
- Are you familiar with the Strava platform? If so, please include a link to your profile.
- Are you interested in pursuing the outlined full-time Support role in the future?
- Are you fluent in any other languages? If so, please translate your cover letter into that language.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.