About this role:
Strava is looking for an intern to join Strava’s Legal team for Summer 2021. This position will be located remotely. Some of the responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing site for IP enforcement issues
- Assisting with reviewing and revising commercial contracts and templates for all aspects of the business
- Assisting with data requests
- Helping to devise procedures to streamline legal review
- J.D. candidate actively enrolled in an accredited law school who will have completed 2L year by June 2021
- An organized self-starter who can work autonomously while collaborating with stakeholders from other departments within Strava
- Great at balancing multiple projects at once and able to appropriately prioritize
- Interested in contract negotiations, technology transactions, data privacy and/or intellectual property
What We’re Looking For:
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite
- Legal research and writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work remotely
- Available to start June and continue working through mid-August
- Previous experience with contract and document review, contract management systems, and familiarity with intellectual property & data privacy regulations a plus, but not required
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.