About This Role:
We are looking for an experienced and driven analyst to join the revenue strategy team, which drives cross-functional strategic initiatives to strengthen the connection between our athletes’ happiness and business outcomes. This person will analyze data, help prioritize initiatives, and work with teammates in product, finance, research, engineering and analytics to improve our athlete journey and monetization funnel, from new user acquisition to subscriber conversion to retention.
This role will be a combination of conducting recurring business analysis as well as independently driving larger, one-off strategic projects.
Recurring projects could include:
- Analyze and report on key growth metrics to the broader team and leadership
- Project in-month results of key operational metrics
- Conduct deep dive analysis to understand sources of variance
- Collect feedback and make annual updates to our challenge pricing model
Potential one-off projects could include:
- Drive holistic pricing analysis and recommendations
- Evaluate international price structure based on internal performance, external indicators and benchmarks
- Develop and evaluate a set of recommended changes, in coordination with product and engineering teams
- Drive evaluation of potential subscription channel strategies
- Work with Business Development to evaluate additional end purchasers of subscriptions besides individual athletes
- Conduct financial modeling to size opportunities
- Support implementation in collaboration with BD, product and engineering teams
We also hope this person can help us identify opportunities we are not thinking about yet, which can unlock further business growth.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in business operations, strategy, consulting or similar background
- Expertise in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) Tableau and SQL, which will become a regular part of your day-to-day toolkit
- Ability to analyze diverse data sets and emerge with a clear understanding and story
- Strong communication skills, with experience presenting to executive audiences
- A desire to make the Strava experience better for our athletes
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.