About This Role
Strava is hiring an Engineering Manager to lead the Information Security Team. This is an opportunity to work on many of the systems that power Strava. We’re looking for an engineering manager to join the team and be responsible for developing and executing the technical strategy, and supporting the career development of engineers on the team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for the security of Strava’s production infrastructure and services.
- Partner with engineering, legal, data, trust & safety, and IT teams to identify and deliver impactful improvements to Strava’s security posture.
- Build an inclusive and high performing culture within your team.
- Work closely with other engineering leaders on team-wide initiatives such as hiring, the intern program, and technology vision.
You will be successful here by:
- Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
- Collaborating across disciplines to achieve business goals while implementing security best practices.
- Mentoring the engineers on the team and supporting their career development, at all different levels and career stages.
- Applying outstanding judgment to challenging situations.
- Embracing an inclusive, collaborative environment that elevates a diverse set of voices and experiences.
We’re excited about you because:
- You will lead a team of engineers and supporting their career development.
- You will assess and prioritize risks across the security landscape.
- You will respond to, investigate, and resolve security-related incidents with Internet-facing infrastructure and applications.
- You will work with distributed systems running in a public cloud.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.