About the Role:
The UK is Strava’s most developed market with 12% of the entire adult population on the platform. In normal times, 70% of Ride London and 50% of London Marathon participants upload their race activity to Strava, we are an indispensable part of the UK sports scene.
The brand is a superstrength and drives much of the word of mouth growth we enjoy. As the Senior Country Manager, you will primarily be tasked with engaging the existing Strava community with a view to driving up subscriptions. Through brand initiatives, you will entertain and build athlete value for our community of over 9 million UK athletes. You’ll also be responsible for managing press communications with the goal of securing agenda setting tier one and athlete value endemic coverage.
- Provide strategic input into global brand marketing moments, ensuring UK resonance and impact.
- Use your local expertise to coordinate and execute global brand moments.
- Plan and execute local marketing efforts, focusing on providing athlete value to our members.
- Manage the external press agency and deliver a communication plan in line with our global strategy.
- Be the figurehead for the UK and represent Strava in media interviews.
- Be the line manager to the UK Community Associate and oversee their delivery of the community program.
- Work in unison with the Strava business team to develop business opportunities laddering up to athlete value.
- Team up with Strava HQ, they’re fired up and ready to help you succeed in your market.
- Communicate local preferences back to HQ. Help them further customise the product to deliver the best experience possible to athletes in your market.
- You’ll be joining our Bristol office where the team culture is all about camaraderie and support, you will play a key role in this.
- You are an experienced brand marketer. You’ll have experience in crafting and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- You have a strong appreciation for brand marketing and a gut instinct for what will resonate in your market. You are eager to learn the Strava brand inside and out so that you can make decisions that fit Strava and appeal to locals at the same time.
- You understand athletes. You know what makes them tick and can produce work they’ll get passionate about.
- You understand and are experienced in firing up digital communities and know which levers to pull.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to prioritise work based on ROI and impact on company goals.
- You are incredibly resourceful and independent. You can make things happen and have the ability to bring people along with your ideas.
- You have outstanding people skills. You can identify, charm and rally the support of peers, community members and partners.
- 7+ years of brand marketing experience, either in an agency or client-side.
- Strong digital/mobile marketing background a plus.
- Passion for Strava. Your friends may be tired of hearing you talk about it!
- Passion for running and/or cycling and an understanding of endurance athletes.
- Proficiency in English.
- When permitted, able to spend up to three days a week in the Bristol office.
- Willing to travel to US for periods of up to two weeks at a time.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This job description was posted in 2020.