About This Role
As the Email Marketing Specialist at Strava you will be responsible for developing, building, and launching campaigns to our large, international athlete community. You will work on ad-hoc messaging campaigns as well as programmatic lifecycle programs, that help our users discover and engage with the rich Strava community and product.
What You’ll Do
- Work cross-functionally to develop highly targeted and personalized email and push campaigns in our marketing platform Iterable.
- Mange a day-to-day campaign calendar, reinforcing processes and prioritizing work, to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Maintain the highest level of email quality and accurate launches.
- Monitor campaign performance and overall channel health metric, sharing results to the broader team.
- Identify improvements that help scale our email capacity through templates, scripting, and automation.
- Support larger CRM team initiative as needed.
- Experience in an operational email marketing role at a high performing marketing ops organization.
- Solid email developer using HTML and CSS with a good understanding of email functionality across devices and email providers.
- Knowledge of email scripting languages for email customization and personalization (we use Handlebars).
- Confident in working with large data sets and SQL.
- High attention to detail, organized and methodical in approach.
- Passionate about the email space and closely following the industry trends and news that affect your ability to do phenomenal work.
- Self-starter and proactively seeking out new opportunities or areas for improvement.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.