Location: US (Remote OK)
About This Role:
You’ll lead the team of product marketers who work on the features that Strava athletes use every day -- as well as the features they’ll use tomorrow.
You and your team will help people around the world get more out of every run and ride, working with product teams to build delightful experiences, and communicating them in a way that convinces athletes to give them a try.
You’ll set the foundation for how we think about effective product go-to-market strategies, build a deeper understanding of who our athletes are and the benefits Strava delivers to them, and find the connections between product behavior and business impact.
- Own go-to-market strategy and success for Strava’s most impactful product moments
- Manage a team of 3-5 product marketers focused on feature development and go-to-market campaigns
- Develop and execute product and marketing programs which acquire, engage & retain Strava subscribers
- Build operational excellence and continually improve the product launch process
- Work with other Strava leads to develop broader business & product strategies
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing, with consumer marketing expertise
- You’re a great people manager; you do all you can to ensure that your team members are happy at work and growing in their careers
- You’re analytical and empathetic, as good in a spreadsheet as you are in a design review
- You’re fascinated by consumer behavior and want to learn what motivates people to try something new (whether it’s a new feature or their first half marathon)
- You love to predict how users will react (to a new feature, an A/B test, or a change in UI).
- You love to try new things and are energized by creative challenges
- You can refine great ideas over time, adjusting marketing tactics and plans as needed.
- You use can prioritize ruthlessly, and make good on your commitments
- You are a wizard when it comes to working effectively across different teams, from marketing to product to engineering.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.