About the Role
The Community Associate will be a full time contractor and be Strava’s connective tissue into the athletic community in Brazil. This role will laser focus on developing and deploying the local community strategy. By forging relationships with key individuals, local clubs/assessorias, shops and partners you’ll help amplify community word of mouth and ultimately drive growth.
The ideal candidate will be a savvy, grassroots marketer who is passionate about community building and engagement. You’ll have expertise in all things sports, you’ll have existing strong relationships within the running and cycling communities and have a reputation as a social connector. You are a self-starter and have the ability to drive projects independently while working closely with the Brazil Country Manager. This role also requires budgeting skills, the ability to prioritize pragmatically, come up with an abundance of creative ideas and most importantly, a love of sport and Strava.
What You'll Do
- Establish and develop an athletic community network in Brazil for Strava
- Build strong and authentic relationships with the most influential athletes that reflect the athletic culture of the territory
- Scale, measure and report on the impact of these relationships
- Plan and host marketing activities each month with local shops, athletes clubs, assessorias and events
- Manage and report on a small budget for events, gear and marketing activities
- Generate and synthesize local insights for the Brazil Country Manager. Send monthly reports on trends, events, key clubs and influencers, and opportunities and recommendations
- Work very closely with the Country Manager around plans, results and creative needs
- Develop deep knowledge of Strava’s positioning in the market, in order to inform and shape locally impactful strategies that resonate with athletes across the community
- Surface locally relevant ideas to add awesome value to the athletic community
- Lift organic and earned brand awareness by amplifying local word of mouth advocacy to drive organic growth in the community
You are entrepreneurial and creative. You have strong relationships with athletes, shops, assessorias and clubs, especially within the running and cycling worlds. There is no task too big or daunting. You chase opportunities with intensity and know how to solve any challenge with creative solutions. You are ambitious, curious, brave and not afraid to experiment. You are also dynamic, super organized and often described as an expert in spinning more plates than any one human should.
- You are an outgoing, highly personable embodiment of the brand - You know all the key people in the sports and fitness industry - and everyone knows you
- You are a highly organised multi-tasker- whether it’s organizing an in-store activation or producing content or reporting on performance metrics: you get the job done
- You understand the authentic athlete. You love to run, ride, swim and/or do other activities and know the most aspirational segment of the athletic community
- You have a growth-minded outlook. You can plan, build and execute marketing partnerships and events while thinking in performance metrics. You know how to throw a party, whom to invite and how to get people there. Major bonus points if you have experience with digital and performance marketing, communications and PR
What We’re Looking For
- 3 - 5 years of experience in marketing, PR or sales with a Bachelor degree
- You speak fluent English
- Experience as a brand ambassador or local marketer is highly valued
- You can execute events, create communications plans, and know how to drive ideas forward with enthusiasm
- You have a natural affinity for building community. People might also call you a local influencer
- You are proficient working with community monitoring software
- You are familiar working with Excel, PowerPoint and have had prior experience overseeing a project budget
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.