About the role
Strava’s Web Platform team is looking for a front end web developer who is passionate about making the most interesting applications of Strava’s vast data and expertise. Our team is specifically focused on the most impactful surfaces of Strava’s web presence and is supported by cross-functional partners. We maintain and advance our front end technologies to ensure a great developer and user experience, as well as work frequently with non-technical colleagues to provide tools for marketing opportunities.
You’re passionate about this opportunity because you will:
- Invest in moving a legacy codebase into modern front end technologies.
- Work directly with a wide variety of colleagues to deliver solutions to problems, both internal and athlete-facing.
- Have the opportunity to drive and influence user experience decisions collaboratively with product and design.
- Enable athletes to make the most of their athletic lives.
- Engage in mentorship opportunities to help you grow as an engineer.
We’re passionate about you because you are:
- Excited about applying HTML/CSS fundamentals to user experience.
- Interested in collaborating with engineers across the full stack, gaining exposure to things like Scala and Ruby on Rails
- Motivated to make everything you touch better and apply a growth mindset to your work.
You will be successful here by:
- Compassionately collaborating with cross-functional partners in design and product to arrive at great outcomes for all involved.
- Engaging in hard conversations about technical tradeoffs.
- Putting yourself in our athletes’ shoes and building products that will meaningfully impact their lives.
- Investing in helping your colleagues grow.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s core technologies and your role in developing them. For more on Strava’s engineering team check out the Engineering Blog. It covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to personal perspectives on what it’s like to be an engineer at Strava.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.