About This Role
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
As the Product Marketing Manager, Growth - you will work cross functionally to lead marketing campaigns focused on driving both active athletes as well as paid subscribers. You will work closely with the growth team to grow new athlete acquisition by understanding athlete needs and goals and aligning our product experience to fit these expectations. You will also identify how to best market our subscription to our community by working on projects such as subscription acquisition optimization, global pricing analysis, and audience/feature messaging personalization. You bring years of experience understanding how to create tailor messaging to key audiences and persuade them to take important actions for the business. You are able to wear many hats and be comfortable in segmentation, experimentation, and user research to better understand what are the needs of our customers and how to best serve these needs.
What You’ll Do
- Develop subscription positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding for different athletes.
- Assist in day-to-day operations, including creative development, copy localization, launch process
- Write copy for marketing campaigns that aligns that embrace how you want messaging to be received by different audiences
- Be able to quarterback a campaign launch - ensure multiple teams hit deadlines and deliver needed parts to have a successful marketing campaign
- Understand and map the athlete journey to identify areas of opportunity to better communicate and teach athletes about the subscription
What We Are Looking For
- A storyteller - You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage different audiences. You have experience working with creative teams to bring these stories to market.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
Strava is committed to becoming an anti-racist company. Learn more about what that means to us by clicking here.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.