About This Role
Strava is growing! And we are looking for a Sr. People Operations Manager to join our People and Places Team and help lead our company wide people initiatives. This person will lead the People Operations team including HR, compensation and total rewards, and will be responsible for providing operational HR support to our teams across San Francisco, Denver, Hanover, Bristol, UK and Ireland.
In partnership with the Chief People Officer and our small but mighty People and Places team, you will be responsible for owning, building and maintaining the People Ops systems that ensure operational aspects of HR are running like a well-oiled machine. You will interact and collaborate with our People and Places team, Legal, Finance, and other departments to shape, implement and launch programs that provide an excellent people focused experience. You will apply your analytical skills, systems orientation and data-driven approach to generate people analytics insights that will help inform people and organizational decisions and strategies.
We are passionate about supporting each of our employees by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs and practices. It is important that our People Operations Manager shares similar passions and is committed to helping incorporate antiracist strategies and policies into our culture and into all of our People processes over time.
- Lead HR operations support for all our global employees including: Benefits (responsible for oversight and strategic direction of our benefit offerings), Compensation (including benchmarking, philosophy, and cycles), Onboarding/offboarding, Leave management, Workers’ compensation, HRIS and HR data management, immigration, and people analytics.
- In partnership with senior management, lead and build out Strava’s job levels, competencies and career paths.
- Design and develop equitable HR policies and procedures ensuring that people are cared for and that compliance is met at all four of our office locations (SF, Denver, Hanover, Bristol)
- Partner with the Chief People Officer to cultivate our approach to the pandemic and the ever-evolving complexities of managing a remote workforce
- Partner, manage and develop an HR Coordinator
- Partner with PEOs as we continue to build out our global teams.
- Provide strategic oversight for our benefits program, including leading open enrollment, new hire benefits education, online benefits administration, compliance and reporting (such as Form 5500), and annual audits
- Project management on various HR programs and implementations
- Build strong relationships with managers, internal employee identity groups, and other stakeholders, and seek to understand priorities as well as organizational structure
- Bring a sense of joy and fun to the team, be grounded, and model a growth mindset and the desire to learn and get better, regardless of what the world may throw at us
- A minimum of 7+ years in progresssive HR roles, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits, compensation, and HR data management.
- Experience with the nuts and bolts of HR, including compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), immigration, and employee development
- Ability to take initiative and implement employee-friendly, scalable processes while working with teammates across the company and building strong relationships
- An optimistic, positive, and open-minded person who enjoys being part of a team and who is excited to contribute to our overall people strategy
- Analytically-minded with demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, HR metrics and reporting.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Exceptional written and oral skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.