About this Role
We are seeking an innovative, strategic and multi-disciplinary Graphic Designer for a full-time position. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a meticulous attention to detail. A curious mind ready to push boundaries coupled with a proactive drive will go a long way at Strava!
This is a pivotal role on the Design Team – you should be comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of work, strong on developing narrative and content as well as visuals. Your contributions will be just as much to the critical thinking and rationale behind creating ideas as in executing them.
One focus area for this role will be to partner with our product design and marketing teams to develop a strategic and dynamic approach to how we educate Strava athletes on the many features that enable them to reach their goals and achieve their person best.
What you’ll do
- Develop compelling ideas and crafting those ideas into clear design solutions that inspire athletes to find their personal best
- Present concepts and creative ideas to internal teams
- Conceptualize and craft beautiful brand experiences that push Strava’s brand identity forward.
- Work collaboratively with other designers (brand, product, production), copywriters, producers, marketers, project managers and engineers.
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Evolve Strava’s visual identity across product, marketing and business channels.
- Develop resources, guidelines and templates that empower teams to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions.
- Inspire teams with your passion and drive to create the best work.
- You will collaborate with designers, copywriters, producers, project managers, engineers, marketers, and others to push the brand forward—maintaining visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs.
- Present and articulate to key stakeholders, leadership and team members.
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of experience with an end-to-end visual design background. You are a systems-thinker who can translate athlete's needs into compelling design solutions—in and out of the product experience.
- Excellent storyteller. You are a specialist in bringing stories to life that are visually rich and are comfortable in pushing the medium.
- Passion for developing standards and design systems that create huge impact through simple solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You are a master of craft, typography, composition, imagery, iconography and color.
- Strong editorial and art direction skills and experience to match. You have an eye for photography and film.
- Enthusiasm for taking on new opportunities. You push the boundaries and are excited by a non-traditional approach to branding.
- Talent for articulating ideas. You command the room when presenting your work to cross-functional teams and executives. You have excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Able to make confident design decisions, and be smart and persuasive in bringing others with you
- Experience working quickly and efficiently. You are keeping up with the pace in a lightning-fast startup environment.
- Master of design tools. You are fluent with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, After Effects – plus you can handle a camera.
Please include a link to your portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process and indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.