Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
About the role
As a Senior iOS engineer at Strava, you will build the athlete experience in the Strava iOS app. In this role, you will build the features that make the best part of our athletes’ days even better. You will improve existing features and design new ones, and you will work closely with our cross-functional team to ensure our technology is addressing real athlete problems while being reliable and performant. You will support short-term feature velocity while also planning and executing longer-term technology initiatives.
You will be joining one of our cross functional product teams. These are dynamic groups that include engineers, product managers, designers and analysts working together to achieve our product goals. We value individual ownership, feedback, initiative and collaboration.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build and own the athlete experience in our iOS application.
- Help define the future of the iOS app at Strava.
- Directly impact the experience of tens of millions of athletes.
- Collaborate with full-stack engineers to make sure we are building scalable and reliable systems.
You will be successful here by:
- Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
- Taking ownership of your work, partnering with cross functional peers to ensure projects are properly scoped and implemented.
- Mentoring other engineers and improving the skills of your team.
- Be willing to explore and learn new technologies outside of your comfort zone.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have experience building iOS applications in a production environment using Swift.
- Are comfortable using Xcode tools to diagnose issues.
- Stay up to date and experiment with the latest iOS technologies.
- Have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems.
- Think critically about how your work connects to the business strategy/vision.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s core technologies and your role in developing it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing.
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts, and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava’s datasets.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.