Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
About This Role
Strava is looking for an experienced and passionate digital product designer who wants to help us with our mission of motivating the world to be more active. Come be a part of a team of designers who create beautiful and inspiring experiences that help athletes connect, train, and stay motivated.
We are a subscription-based, consumer-facing business, so this role requires empathy with Strava’s community of athletes to fuel their long-term happiness as well as our long-term business impact. As a Senior Product Designer focused on subscription value, you’ll be involved in driving every aspect of the product design processes as part of a cross-functional team, from discovery and defining strategy to iteration and validating solutions to finalizing visual fit and finish.
- Lead product design on a cross-functional product team oriented towards our Subscription offering
- Understand user needs, business needs and work with your team in determining opportunities as well as hypotheses for solutions.
- Design optimizations, flows and interfaces that are effective, usable, simple and desirable for our millions of athletes around the world.
- Define the user experience and visual design of your solutions from conception through shipping and beyond.
- Use basic research techniques, competitive analysis and data to inform strategic and tactical design decisions.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually strive to improve quality and craftsmanship.
- Produce detailed specs for your interaction models and UI and collaborate with engineers to communicate your thinking.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years relevant experience in design of digital (mobile and desktop) products that have been released to market.
- Proven experience delivering software applications/features from inception to shipping within a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with iterative, multivariate (A/B) testing in your design process.
- Excellent visual design and communication skills; this isn’t a purely ‘UX’ role.
- Experience (and excitement from) proving design impact via metrics
- An up to date portfolio of your design work with descriptions of your process, your role, other people involved and your contribution. We want to see how you think and approach problems in addition to the final outcome.
- Ability to think at a high level about product and feature strategy but also act with speed and precision to actualize projects.
- Experience incorporating user research and data into your work
- Experience validating ideas with prototypes and user feedback
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for differently-abled people, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Systems-thinking and experience defining and evolving frameworks.
- Experience or expertise in subscription-based product design.
- Understanding of motion design.
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role. This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.