Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
About This Role
Strava Design is looking for an experienced and passionate digital product designer who wants to help us with our mission of motivating the world to be more active. Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help athletes train, connect, and stay motivated. As a Senior Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from leading discovery of the next great product innovation to tweaking fit and finish right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product, interaction and visual design skills in this role.
What You'll do
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of athletes around the world.
- Design flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant.
- Validate ideas and interactive prototypes with users
- Produce detailed documentation of interaction models and UI specifications.
- Contribute to user and competitive research
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Partner with PMs, engineers and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as versioning out additional ongoing iterations.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What We’re Looking For
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences with descriptions of your process, role, and contribution. We want to see how you think and approach problems—the rough stuff—in addition to high-fidelity finished work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
- Experience conducting user research and validating prototypes
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people highly desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc).
- Knack for beautiful motion design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years relevant experience in visual design of digital products that have been released to market.
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role. This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.